CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Becoming a sponge

I have decided that I need a venue to share my thoughts on God, facebook isn't enough as I feel that I have to shorten my thoughts too much and can't really comment on them so I am bringing back my blog.

In the last two weeks I have read Acts and Romans and had very little opportunities to share ideas with others. I am now reading 1 Corinthians and would appreciate any ones thoughts, feelings, or prayers on this book or any of my post.

All I want to do is grow spiritually closer to God as that is what this life is really about. It will require the help of friends, family, and strangers to make this happen as my bible education is very limited and I know I overlook many obvious things that those who know more history could point out to help tie in more of what is being said in the bible. Small groups help with this but unfortunately with a wife, two kids, and two jobs the time for continuous small group attendance is difficult.

Long story short, this blog will now be my post for the books I am reading through and I would greatly appreciate any ones thoughts and comments on anything posted so that I may continue to grow.

Looking back on what I have learned in the last two books has been:

- Focus on God and that relationship as opposed to the sins in my life as once I am living a life for God the sin in my life will reduce. Focusing on sin first distracts one from focusing on God.

- God never promised this life would be free of harm/bad things/danger. We are all children of God and if Jesus was stoned, betrayed, and murdered why would we think that our life would be "perfect".

Anyways, that is what I have for now and I shall expect to be called to write more on 1 Corinthians soon. Thanks for listening.

1 comments:

Littau family said...

Your back to blogging... I'll link you now :)

I love listening to your passion in reading the Bible... it motivates me more! -Mike