CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Given the Choice

I love the phrase "given the choice what will you choose?"... I feel we are constantly asked this question on things in life... will you eat the last doughnut, will you go run today, will you spend time with your family.

The big picture is will we choose Jesus? If so, then it seems all the other choices are his choice. I try to remind myself that I have chosen and need to chose Jesus and everything else is His will or His choice for me.

Given the choice I will become part of the CHP... I will run a marathon with Josh... I will expand and depen my relationships with those around me...

But all my choices don't really matter because when I am close to Jesus and doing things/making choices with Him in mind then it is He that chooses for me. Because of Him I will get into CHP. Because of Him I will complete a marathon. Because of Him I will grow my relationships with others so that I can share how wonderful Jesus is and has been to me (if that is his choice).

I know we have choices but it seems that if the choices are made with Jesus in mind and prayer then do we really have choices or is it all his plan.

This thought hit me on my way home from softball as I wondered to myself about the CHP (if I will get in and when?) and then I remembered how I felt compelled to apply for CHP as if it wasn't the choice I made but the path He had for me.

So I guess I will continue down the path that Jesus has for me and just try to enjoy my walk with Him as we get to our destination.

1 comments:

Josh said...

Good post, Matt. I know that God has you on a path that will bring Him glory!